Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Making of Great Photographs: Approaches and Techniques of the Masters by
Call Number: TR145 .M37 2005
The Art of Enhanced Photograpy: Beyond the Photographic Image by
Call Number: TR685 .L82 1999
Tips on Researching Printmaking & Photography
Reference Texts: (for lookup in the catalog)
- A Technical Dictionary of Print Making, by Andre Beguin, translated by Allen J. Grieco. Oversize NE25 .B4513 2000q
- American Printmakers 1946-1996: An Index to Reproductions and Biocritical Information, by Betty Kelly Bryce. NE508 .B76 1999
- Pictorial Websters, with additional dissertation by John M. Carrera. NE1103.7 .C37 2009
- Encyclopedia of 20th Century Photography, edited by Lynne Warren. Oversize TR642 .E5 2005q
- Looking at Photographs, by Gordon Baldwin and Martin Jurgens. TR9 .B35 2009
- The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography: Digital imaging, Theory and Applications, History, and Science, edited by Michael R. Peres. TR9 .F6 2007
Journals & E-Journals:
- Print Review (formerly Artist's Proof). (1972-1985) The Pratt Institute's journal on printmaking (Also available at Marquand--Oversize NE1 .P96q).
- Etcher. (1879-1882). A historical British publication with illustrations and articles about etchers of that period.
- European Photography. (1997-present). Focuses on contemporary photography and new media. (Also available at Marquand--TR640 .E78)
- Aperture (1997-present). Discusses photography as art, includes photographer profiles as well as other types of articles. (Also available at Marquand--TR1 .A62)
- Photovision (2000-2003). Focuses on analog photography processes, traditions, and materials. (TR640 .P495)
These journals are specifically devoted to drawing, but there's lots of other art periodicals that have articles about drawing. Learn how to search databases. Plus, remember that Marquand has an entire collection entirely devoted to photography.
The Printmaking Bible: The Complete Guide To Materials and Techniques by
Call Number: NE850 .H84 2008
Basic Printmaking Techniques by
Call Number: NE850 .T56 1992