Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books on Drawing
A Drawing Manual by Thomas Eakins by
Call Number: NC730 .E23 2005
Architects Draw by
Call Number: NA2708 .G87 2008
The Drawing Book: Materials & Techniques for Today's Artist by
Call Number: NC845 .M34 1995
Tips on Researching Drawing
Reference Texts: (for lookup in the catalog)
- Encyclopaedia of Drawing: Materials, Technique and Style, by Clive Ashwin. NC730.A82.
- Figure Drawing: The Structure, Anatomy and Expressive Design of the Human Form, by Nathan Goldstein. NC765 .G64 1999
- Artist's Handbook: Materials and Techniques, by Margaret Krug. ND1500 .K78 2007
Journals and E-Journals:
- Drawing. (1979-1998) A scholarly publication that examines drawings from all cultures and time periods. (The full run is also available in print at Marquand--NC1 .D7)
- Drawing--Interweave Press. (2006-present) A less academic publication, but one that focuses more on contemporary artists and technique.
- Master Drawings. (1963-2004) Examines Western draftmanship from the 14th through the 20th centuries. What better way to learn to draw than from the Masters? (Full text available in print at Marquand--N1 .M39).
These journals are specifically devoted to drawing, but there's lots of other art periodicals that have articles about drawing. Learn how to search databases.
More Books on Drawing
Guide to Drawing by
Call Number: NC730.M396 1988
Drawing: Space, Form, and Expression by
Call Number: NC730 .E65 1990