Skip to Main Content
- Use for the most recent authoritative research in economics & finance
- Come in 2 major forms:
- items emanating from universities intended to be later published in journals, books, or conference proceedings (may provide more detailed methodology than the published version)
- works intended primarily for the members of an organization such as those coming from governmental bodies such as the Federal Reserve System, the International Monetary Fund, & the World Bank.
Working Paper Indices
- Pliny Fisk Working Papers Collection (listing of holdings)
- EconLit (major index for working papers).
- IDEAS Voluntary cooperative project that invites institutions to submit working papers. If the full text is available, the full text in a downloadable format will follow the citation). Most comprehensive index to working papers.
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) Discussion Papers Over 12,000 Discussion Paper abstracts are currently available and all Discussion Papers published since late 1998 (i.e. from No2035) are available as PDF files. Many of the Discussion Papers published before this date are also available in electronic form. More will become available in the future. Older papers are located in Firestone HB1 .D4738.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Working Papers Full text of all NBER Working Papers & NBER working paper series on historical factors in long-run growth & the NBER Technical Working Papers
- Social Science Research Network Abstracting & indexing service to working papers in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Management, Political Science, & Social Insurance. Select full text is available
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) Aggregates research in international affairs. Publishes a wide range of scholarship from 1991 on that includes university working papers, NGO occasional papers, foundation-funded research projects, & conference proceedings
- PolicyFile Draws its content from public policy think tanks, university research programs, research organizations & publishers. Covers all aspects of public policy
- Rand Corporation RAND, a nonprofit public policy research institution, was established after World War II to study national security. In the 1960s it added domestic policy problems to its research agenda. Current areas of research & analysis include national defense, education & training, health care, criminal &d civil justice, labor & population, community development, international relations, & regional studies. RAND research results are published in several series.
- Technical Reports and Working Papers in Business and Economics (Library of Congress)
- European Research Papers Archive Common access point for online working paper series in the field of European integration research
- Economics Working Papers Bibliography
Z7164.E2 E257q (Firestone NonCirculating)
Holdings: 1973-1991 Series ceased after 1991. Accompanying Microfiche for 1973-1974 are found in RECAP under Microfiche 2092. Microfilm for 1975-1991 are found in RECAP under Microfilm S01833.