Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search WorldCat for books, journals, maps, recordings, films, scores, and other materials
in libraries all over the world.
Even if Princeton doesn't own the item, it can be requested through Interlibrary Loan or Borrow Direct.
Items that are available here are usually marked with this icon: PRINCETON UNIV.
You can use the icon
to quickly search Main Catalog for that item; this is essential because
the item might be checked out, lost, or unavailable for some other
Searches inside millions of books. Most books show only a preview, but you can use the library to get a copy of the entire book.
Search the Library Catalog
Search the Library Catalog
Books at Princeton
Search the Main Catalog for books and other items in the Library.
|Use Basic Search when...|
|Use Guided Search when...
- You know the exact title of the item, author's name, subject heading, or call number
- You want to do a complex keyword search
- You want to do a simple keyword search anywhere within the catalog record
- You want to do a keyword search in one or more specific fields
- Use the Long View feature to display the full record.
- Use the subject headings to find similar books.
- When you find an item want, note the location, call number, and status in the catalog record.
- See the list of location codes
for help determining in which library collection the item is held.
call number shows where in the collection the item should be.
status tells you whether the book is available or not. For more
information on the call numbers used at Princeton and for help with
locating a book in Firestone, see the Library Call Numbers & Locations page.
Suggested Subject Headings
Search for these Library of Congress Subject Headings in the Subject field of the Main Catalog:
- Cinematography (works on the technical aspects of making motion pictures)
- Motion picture acting
- Motion picture authorship
- Motion pictures (general works on motion pictures themselves)
- Motion pictures Production and direction
Getting Books Not Available at Princeton
Use one of the services below to order books not currently available at the Princeton Library. Also, please recommend that I purchase any useful books Princeton does not have.
Use Interlibrary Loan to borrow books that Princeton does not own. ILL books take a few days to arrive, but are renewable.
Try Borrow Direct for books that are charged out or that Princeton does not own. Borrow Direct is fast (2 business days), but searches only 9 other libraries .