Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Articles+ for scholarly content
Google Scholar Tips
- For many scholarly journals, links directly to the article
- Includes cited references like the Web of Science database
- Advanced search allows author, date, and other searches
- Integrated with Findit@PUL
Set Your Preferences for Google Scholar
- Before you search use Settings to set up on "Find It" functions.
- Search Princeton in the Library Links box and make sure box is checked
- WorldCat - set default for off-campus access to "Library Search"
- Select preferred citation manager
- If you use RefWorks or EndNote, choose your option in the bibliography section
- Then Save Preferences
Facts, reviews and overviews
To familiarize yourself with the broader landscape of a research field, especially if your work will have applications in other disciplines, go to the basics:
- Annual Reviews - Series of authoritative, analytic reviews in 33 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Physical, and Social Sciences. Useful for researching engineering applications in physical sciences.
Collection of the latest leading technical and engineering reference books
- CRCnetBase - full text of scientific and engineering handbooks published by CRC Press.Topics covered include Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Clean Technology, Economics, Environmental Science, Geosciences, Material Science, Math, Physics.
- Safari Tech Books - Collection of information technology and programming books, mostly published by O'Reilly which allows searching for code examples and specific technical information.
- Synthesis and Colloquium Digital Library (Morgan & Claypool) - Collection of lectures that synthesize various research or development topics in biomedical engineering, communications, artificial intelligence, computer science, and electrical engineering (Synthesis Series) and life sciences (Colloquium Series).
- Encyclopedias - The McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology is one of many online encyclopedias available. To locate encyclopedias in other fields, search the main catalog or books+ for "encyclopedia AND (subject area)" e.g. encyclopedia AND chemistry
Data and Statistics
This link will take you to a list of research guides that address locating statistics in a variety of areas. You can also contact a subject librarian for assistance.
Use this list to discover research guides that cover locating various types of data.
Data and Statistical Services
The Data and Statistical Services department provides access to a variety of data sources and can help you to identify and locate data.