Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Articles+ for Newspapers
Search our new Articles+ service for news articles.
African Historical Newspapers
- Proquest Newspapers Provides full text access to the New York Times (1980+) , the Wall Street Journal (1984+), and the Chicago Tribune (1985+)
- Lexis Nexis Academic Provides full text of many major national and regional newspapers
- Factiva Full-text of many major national and regional newspapers. Use Newstand page to see articles in major daily papers
- ABYZ News Links links to online news sources from around the world. It is primarily composed of links to newspaper pages but also includes links to many broadcast stations.
- African News Agency This news service consists of: The SAPA Archive from 1998 to 31 March 2015. The new ANA database consisting of full-text reports from November 2015 to date on South African and African news. This covers five key pillars: politics, economics, business and markets, sports in addition to general news, which includes lifestyle, celebrities, courts and crime. News from the following agencies will be supplied via the African News Agency: ANA, ANA- Xinhau, ANA- dpa international and ANA- Associated Press.
- SA Media - SA Media is a news research and press clipping service that retrospectively covers mainstream publications in South Africa, from 1978 to present day. It comprises the original SA Media archive from 1977 to December 2014, consisting of over 4 million articles, and the new SA Media database consisting of 38 publications.
- Rand Daily Mail, 1902-1985
For more newspaper resources, see Newspaper Indexes.