Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Catalog Subject Headings
In the catalog, use the following subject headings:
Collective Labor Agreements
Collective Bargaining FAQ
Looking for summaries or copies of other collective bargaining agreements? Refer to our Library FAQ.
"...includes data on trade union membership, trade union density and collective bargaining coverage."
Contract and Legislation Information
- Bloomberg BNA Labor Plus
- Approximately 20,000 private and public sector contracts reported to the Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service are listed annually in the database. Reports include information about employer, affected city, state, and zip code, employer representative, union local, union representative, contract expiration date, number of employees, bargaining unit size, industry, and whether or not it is an initial contract. Contract Library
- Approximately 8,000 collective bargaining agreements, both large and small in the private and public sectors. Can search by employer, union, state, industry, expiration data, effective date, and number of workers in bargaining unit.
- Access is assigned individually and is limited to members of the Princeton University Community. Contact Bobray Bordelon, via email: email@example.com.
- Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS)
"The Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) of the U.S. Department of Labor administers and enforces most provisions of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959 (LMRDA).
The LMRDA primarily promotes union democracy and financial integrity in private sector labor unions through standards for union officer elections and union trusteeships and safeguards for union assets.
Additionally, the LMRDA promotes labor union and labor-management transparency through reporting and disclosure requirements for labor unions and their officials, employers, labor relations consultants, and surety companies.
OLMS also administers provisions of the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 and the Foreign Service Act of 1980, which extend comparable protections to Federal labor unions."
Includes access to the Collective Bargaining Agreements File. Collective bargaining agreements, excluding those covering railroads and airlines, are included in this file. [The National Mediation Board is responsible for copies of collective bargaining agreements covering railroads and airlines.] Per OLMS: "Documents are submitted by signatories on a voluntary basis. Therefore, some materials may not be current or available for all major bargaining units. In addition, some documents are not available to the general public at the request of one or both of the parties to the agreement."
- National Conference of State Legislatures Collective Bargaining and Labor Union Legislation Database
- Current state legislation on labor unions and collective bargaining. Specific issues include public employee unions, dues, elections, political activity, right-to-work, arbitration, strikes, teacher contracts, public safety and public contracts.
- Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) Library, U. of California, Berkeley. Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Database for the digitized contracts in the library's collection. Searchable by state, union name, and occupation.
An Introduction to Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations by Harry C. Katz, Thomas Kochan and Alexander Colvin. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2017. 5th ed.
Source book on collective bargaining : wages, benefits, and other contract issues. Washington, D.C. : BNA Plus. 1995-present
Firestone Library (F) Oversize HD6971.5 .B26q CURRENT VOLUME IN: Trustee Reading Room Reference (DR) Ready Reference. Firestone [View Catalog Record]
Collective Bargaining in Specific Areas