For your project, you need to identify and analyze an object or document from the collections at Firestone Library.
There are five steps:
1. Identify a person whose work you want to look into.
-- You may already have someone in mind. If not, feel free to use one of the encyclopedias listed below to learn more about important figures in African American modernism and the Harlem Renaissance.
2. Use the Special Collections webpage to see what we own that pertains to that person. This link gives instructions for that process.
3. Retrieve the item to the Special Collections Reading Room on the C floor of Firestone Library. This link gives instructions for that process.
4. Find a biography or other book that will give you information to contextualize the document or object you are researching. This link gives instructions for that process.
5. Write your paper (sorry, the library can't help you with that :) )
ENCYCLOPEDIAS RELATED TO AFRICAN AMERICAN MODERNISM & THE HARLEM RENAISSANCE