For a comprehensive list of Princeton databases, see: http://library.princeton.edu/catalogs/articles.php
Politics & Economics
- Historical Abstracts (1954+) Indexes books and journal articles on the history of the world (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present.
- JSTOR Full text archive of core journals in select disciplines. Journal issues from the most recent 3-5 years are usually NOT available electronically through JSTOR.
- Project Muse Full-text articles from more than 100 scholarly journals in history and the humanities, the social sciences, and the sciences
Compilation of 12 subfiles, including Water Resources Abstracts and Pollution Abstracts, containing journal articles and technical reports. They are searchable together or separately. There are simultaneously-performed searches on very current literature, and the Internet for websites.
Abstract/index information for environmental policy and studies.
Web of Science (ISI) (1900+)
Provides thorough coverage of ~5900 major journals. Includes cited author searching. Abstracts, keywords, and additional subject categories are included and searchable from 1991+. Unless you choose SCI, you will also retrieve articles from Social Science Citation Index and Arts and Humanities Citation Index.
International coverage of journal articles, selected web sites, and patents in the sciences and social sciences; provides citation tracking for 1996+
- Global Health Database (1973+) Note: If the database is in use, please try again later. International public health database providing abstracts to literature about healthcare, biomedical life sciences, sexual and reproductive health, communicable and non-communicable diseases, environmental health, public health nutrition, and more.
- MEDLINE (SilverPlatter) (1950+) National Library of Medicine's database of biomedical journal literature
- PubMed (1951+) Service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 14 million citations for biomedical articles back to the 1950's.
- History of Science, Technology, and Medicine (1976+) Indexes journal articles, conference proceedings, books, book reviews, and dissertations on the history of science and technology and allied fields.
Literature, Art & Religion