USING Global Insight
Under Historical (category used most often)
- Financial Markets In this module one can choose the level of geography, concept (type of instrument), issuing source by country, or classification (GICS or SIC).
- U.S. Economy (national level) In this module one can choose concept (type of economic indicator), issuing source, or classification scheme.
- U.S. Regional (sub-national level) In this module one can choose the level of geography, concept (type of economic indicator), issuing source, or classification scheme. Also see UNITED STATES SUBNATIONAL DATA below.
- U.S. Regional (sub-national level)
- Do not specify frequency unless you must have very high frequency data. Most economic data is quarterly if not annual.
- Select the desired items by highlighting them. Use Shift-Enter for items that fall in a row. Use CTRL-Enter for non consecutive items.
- Create a Workbook by exporting all or selected data to Excel .
- Drag the highlighted series to the workbook. Note that you are restricted to the columnar limits imposed by Excel.
- Click on U.S. Economy or U.S. Regional (depending on level of geography needed) in Category Selector for forecasts.
UNITED STATES SUBNATIONAL DATA
- United States subnational data are split between U.S. Regional in Category Selector and U.S. Regional in Data Insight Web. Data Insight Web tends to be stronger for state level data, while Category Selector tends to be stronger for county or metropolitan area data. Subnational forecasts are only available in U.S. Regional in Category Selector.