- REPORTS: Produces a variety of output in tabular form. Preferred for obtaining information such as economic indicators for a country or region over a short time span
- TIME SERIES: Produces output for a series over a specified time period for ready reference purposes.
- GRAPHICS: Enables outputting of data in graphical format. This option is preferred if you wish to view a simple comparison of two or more statistical series.
- DOWNLOADING DATA: Enables output of specified data in a variety of formats. A detailed description of downloading options appears later in this manual.
- USER CREATED INFO: This option will allow you, in effect, to create your own program. Use of this option requires expert knowledge of Datastream. This option will not be discussed at length in this manual.
- ONLINE CODE LOOKUP: Use to obtain data codes for use in all the Datastream programs. A thorough discussion of this option appears further on in this manual along with other ways of finding the codes you will need.
- DATABASE INFO & NEWS: Select this option to view Datastream International news, including announcements of new series and services.