- Provides full text access to news from across the U.S. and around the world.
- Coverage of most newspapers goes back to the mid 1980s, but varies widely.
- Click on the News tab at the top to begin your search.
NewsBank (Access World News)
- Provides full text of many major national and regional newspapers from the United States and around the world.
- Use the clickable map to select a country or state to search.
- Database from Dow Jones & Reuters that provides full text access to various newspapers and news wire services.
- Provides full text of the New York Times (1995+), Wall Street Journal (1982+), Los Angeles Times (1985+), and the Chicago Tribune (1985+).
Alt-Press Watch (1970-present)
- Full text database of newspapers, magazines and journals from alternative and independent presses.
Ethnic Newswatch (1960-present)
- Full text database of newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Pulls together related headlines and photos from Internet news sources worldwide.
- Stories are updated continuously throughout the day- useful for breaking news.
- Enables you to see how different news organizations around the world report the same events.
National Public Radio
- Internationally acclaimed producer and distributor of noncommercial news, talk, and entertainment programming.
- Provides a searchable, full-audio archive of programs back to 1996.
Public Broadcasting System
- Site highlights PBS news-related programs, including Frontline, POV, NOW, NewsHour and NOVA.
- Transcripts, audio, and video files of previous broadcasts are available.
- Podcasts and RSS are available on this site.
Vanderbilt University Television News Archive
- The most extensive archive of television news dating back to 1968.
- Evening news broadcasts from the major U.S. national broadcast networks.
- Access to TV-NewsSearch is free, but requires registration.
- You may request video segments (on loan only) for your research for a fee.
- The fees (up to a limit) are covered by our Interlibrary Loan Services, so contact a librarian before placing an order.