Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Architecture/campus buildings in Archival Collections at PUL
- The Finding Aids search for archival collections at PUL is the place to look for PU-related collections that may mention specific buildings. This may require a visit to Mudd Library to determine exactly what is referenced in a particular box of archival documents, small publications, press clippings, etc. Collections include the papers of individual architects and architectural firms, including such notables as C. Grant LaFarge and Robert Maillart. Also includes lecture notes and research papers of architecture professors, and archival history of Princeton University. You will also find historic photographs, postcards, and other visual collections here (if older images are needed). Keyword searches may need to expand beyond the individual building to: student housing or other.
- One such archival collection, the Robert Judson Clark Papers, 1741-1997 includes mention of specific buildings. Expand the Contents and Arrangement outline on the left-hand side to see which ones have associated files. Other relevant collections follow here:
- PUL Collection of Historical Subject Files, Grounds and Buildings, 1802-1994
- Office of Physical Planning Records, 1869-1994. Includes building project records and architectural drawings.
- Princeton Memorabilia Collection