Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

WRI 502: Writing a Persuasive Proposal in Quantitative Disiplines: Help and assistance

This guide will help graduate students in Engineering, Science and related fields to identify tools and resources for researching literature and funding information in your field.

Getting what you need

If you are traveling and away from campus, you can still access the library resources. Just follow the instructions posted on the Library website under the heading Connect from Off Campus.

If you find there are books that you need and we don't have them at Princeton, use the Borrow Direct service first, then, if not successful, go to Interlibrary Loan.

The Interlibrary Loan service can also supply copies of papers, articles, book chapters, reports or any other documents that we don't own at Princeton. Just log on to the service and place your request.

Research Consultations

Contact Willow Dressel ( to arrange for a research consultation if you need help locating materials for your paper, project or thesis. Before we meet to work on your topic, please make sure that you send me the following information:

1. In a sentence or two, describe your research topic.

2. What materials (if any) have you collected so far?

3. Please give me an example of a relevant book, article or paper that you found so far or that was recommended by your advisor.

4. What library resources have you searched (if any)?

Help Beyond Writing 501

You can continue to use library resources and get help from librarians through out your entire career at Princeton.

For in-depth assistance or a research consultation, check the list of Subject Specialists to find the librarian for your research area.

For general questions about using the library:

  • Use the Library's Ask a Librarian Chat Service
  • Send an SMS or Text to (609) 277-3245
  • Send an Email to get a response within 24 hours.