Skip to main content
Using the Library
- How do I check out books? Use your student ID.
- How many books can I check out? Unlimited.
- How long can I check out books? The check out period varies by library, material type, and status. In general, most circulating materials in Firestone have 8 week periods for Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors with two major exceptions being Dixon (4 weeks) and Reserves.
- Circulation statuses:
- Available -- item should be on the shelf
- Checked Out -- Someone already has the item. If the item is a book you can check to see if you can obtain through a Borrow Direct Partner or you can Recall the item.
- Recall -- If a library item is checked out to another borrower, you may place a recall on it for your use. This recall request may be placed directly from the Catalog. In the event an item is recalled, a notice is generated and sent to the current borrower. The current borrower will have 10 days from the date on which the recall is placed to return the recalled item. Failure to return a recalled item within the 10 day period will incur a fine of $1.00 per day, and the patron will be blocked from borrowing until the item is returned.
- In Process -- item has been received but is not yet on the shelf; use the "In Process" request.
- In the Pre-Order Process -- item has been ordered.
- Missing -- item has been marked missing but not yet officially lost.
- Lost -- item has been searched for several times and can not be found.